There are a handful of ways to use the Export-Mailbox cmdlet, but in my case I simply needed the email off of the Exchange server and in a format that can used by the end user. Using the command below, I saved the mailbox to a PST file and gave a copy to the requester with instructions on how to open it in Outlook.
- The account used to export the mailbox must be delegated the Exchange Administrator role.
- The Windows OS of the domain computer used to export the mailbox must be 32-bit.
- The domain computer must have the Exchange Management Tools (x86) and Outlook 2003 or 2007.
- Exchange Server 2007
- Exchange Server 2003 - Service Pack 2 or Higher
- Exchange Server 2000 - Service Pack 3 or Higher
Exchange Management Tools: http://microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=11876
- Export-Mailbox on TechNet: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa998579(v=exchg.80).aspx